Today, France celebrates French National Day, otherwise known as Bastille Day. This holiday marks the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille and led to the freeing of many unjustly held prisoners.
Celebrations have taken place throughout the whole weekend to commemorate this special day. We celebrated here in the Bay Area with a fun Bastille Brunch yesterday (upcoming post this week :)) held by Calypso St. Barth + The Glitter Guide at their new Santana Row Store. In keeping with the Parisian spirit on the blog this week and this weekend’s Bastille celebrations, here are a few of my favorite French finds.
1. Every woman should own a at least 1 pair of beautiful pajamas, like this beautiful set from Gump’s. I love the feeling of dressing in a lovely pair of feminine pjs before bed (or for Sunday lounging) and I’m sure that special person in your life appreciates it as well. 🙂
2. I never thought I would see the day, but skorts have made a comeback. This pleated pair by Kate Spade Saturday boasts the favorite colors of both the French and Americans and would be perfect for a fun day in the park.
3. One of my not-so-secret obsessions is cute stationary. I’m loving these Ben’s Garden “Paris is always a good idea” notepads and Paris Collection pencils by Amanda Catherine Designs.
4. A French celebration is not complete without including the iconic Parisian, Coco Chanel. Many of us search for a fragrance that best characterizes who were are, Chanel COCO NOIR is that fragrance for me.
5. At yesterday’s Bastille Brunch, we got these adorable Bobo House shirts in our bags. This light-weight top is perfect to throw over a bikini or how I wore it last night with a red bandeau skirt and heels.