As the anticipation for Fall fashion rises, the next few posts of the Sunday Best series will be dedicated to the top trends for Fall 2013. On Friday, I shared StyleCaster’s report on the trends to lookout for over the coming months. Overall, expect to see everything from oversized coats to midi skirts and print mixing.
Kicking off the countdown to fashion’s favorite season is our choice lazy day “go to” piece: the chic sweatshirt. Occasionally looked upon on a fashion copout, this ain’t your boyfriend’s old hoodie. From the classic neoprene look to its embellished, emblazoned, and bedazzled cousins, the sweatshirt got itself a little makeover. Here are a few of my favorite picks for Fall:
1. Mixing in another season fave, leopard (aka the new neutral), 3.1 Phillip Lim is leading the way with this bold look and his line of haute hoodies.
2. The ultra-popular peplum top is here to stay and it brought with it another Spring season staple: floral print.
3. Reminiscent of the classic CHANEL N°5, Mango gives the sweatshirt their metallic glam stamp of approval.
4. Texture is key this season and Theory does it best with this laminated knit (?!) glossy pullover.
5. In keeping with the textured look, this quilted stud sweater is a much more chic way to brave the cold temps this Fall.
6. Topshop took metallic sweatshirts from bingo nights complete with bejeweled fanny packs to front row at the Lincoln Center in only a way Topshop can do with this little golden nugget.
7. Acne has become a new favorite brand of mine because I love the simple, yet chic, touches they add to every piece, especially with this watercolor floral over-sized sweater.
8. If there were ever a sweatshirt to let the world know exactly how you feel, rest assured, Urban Outfitters has got you covered!