1. Tartan is coming back as one of this season’s hottest trends. Check out this video from the Vogue closet where they share an unconventional way to rock this lock.
2. Eva Chen, the ultra-glamourous new editor-in-chief of Lucky magazine, will make the debut that counts this month as her 1st September issue hits newsstands. However, her journey to head honcho of one the leading fashion magazines was anything but glamourous, and certainly not ordinary. Here she shares with Fashionista some of her most important career tips she learned along the way.
3. Next time you’re planning a gathering and you’re short on time and inspiration, check out these creative centerpiece ideas by Real Simple. The best part is each can be whipped together in 5 minutes or less!
4. As Fashion Week rolls around, the slicked back hairstyle will be a mainstay on the runway. Fashionising explains how to emulate this Roberto Cavalli-inspired look at home.
5. Often times I look at jewelry in stores and think, “I could make this myself at home.” However, I’ve NEVER looked at a woven, rhinestone-encrusted chain collar necklace and thought, “Pssh…hand me the chains and thread”…until now. Honestly WTF shows us how to make this statement piece in a (relatively) simple way here.
And, for one of my favorite moments of this week (or decade)…making The New York Times Fashion & Style section! Check out the full Street Style feature here.
Happy Friday from one of my new favorite rooftop restaurants, Sens!
p.s. Stay tuned tomorrow for more about our fun night there with JustFab Shoes last Saturday!