This week’s Fall trend spotlight goes to one that’s been on the horizon for most of the Summer – the clever cut out. While it may seem a bit oxymoronic that Fall would be in favor of less fabric, strategic placement make this look adaptable for the season. From side cuts, to mesh backing, and perforated detailing, the range of possibilities with cut outs are wide open (pun intended). The key to wearing cut outs: Keep it classy!
Given the multitude of options with this style it was hard to nail down my top picks, but here are a few cut outs I’m coveting:
1. Give winter the cold shoulder with this Forever 21 sweater.
2. Tote around all of your fashion week necessities with Topshop’s perfectly perforated carryall.
3. When it comes to crafting the ideal flat, Tory Burch hits the mark every time. Her Miles Perforated Sneaker is already a near sell out.
4. As I flipped through Vogue’s September issue last week, it was clear that Etro will be the king of cut outs this Fall. This belted dress is a perfect Summer-to-Fall transition piece and just a sneak peek of what we can expect to see from the Italian design house this year.
5. A key component to any closet, is the Diane von Furstenberg shift dress. Wear the Achava dress during the day with these polka dot tights and these Schutz booties. At night, change it up with these Tom Ford Over the Knee boots and this MSGM cape-style oversized coat.
7. Stand out with this Mara Hoffman dress that mixes a fun, exotic print with barely there side cutouts.
8. The one style that has completely swept the fashion world right now is perforated leather. Given the classic nature of this Rag & Bone skirt and the intricate detailing, it makes an ideal investment piece.