In keeping with the recent 90s revival, tartan has taken over the fashion world. From remakes of the classic Catholic schoolgirl skirt to unexpected color variations and print-mixed leggings, it’s starting to smell a whole lot like teen spirit. Here are a few of my favorite ways to rock the look:
1. This Fausto Puglisi skirt is equal parts drama and sass with a hint of schoolgirl charm.
2. The satchel bag is already a massive hit in the UK. Whether you’re getting ready for back-to-school or trekking to your next meeting, the Cambridge satchel is the essential bag of the Fall season.
4. There is nothing I love more than unconventional takes on classic looks. Stella McCartney does just that with this color-inverted cropped sweater.
6. Christian Louboutin’s Anita pumps need no introduction. They are everything we’ve every wanted and more when it comes to perfecting this punk-luxe look.
7. This Fall expect to see skinny pants fade into the darkness and the slouchy trouser come front and center. These Topshop tartan trousers are great for the office and the waistband and panelling design give them that little bit of edge to transition into Happy Hour.
8. The ultimate schoolgirl look, this ASOS A-line skirt is a key piece to cop this Fall. However you decide to rock this trend, remember it all started here.