Happy Monday, everyone! Cheers to a short week and Thanksgiving in just 3 more days. As mentioned here, Thanksgiving has always been a favorite of mine, both for what it represents and for the opportunity to take a break and spend quality time with family.
I’ve been saving this top for Thanksgiving because of how cozy it is and how it hides all signs of the extra helping of stuffing I’ll likely consume. Layer it with your favorite pair of leggings for extra comfort. I especially love these. With shawl-like tops, I always opt for a heel to offset the larger top and create a nice silhouette.
p.s. If you’re still searching for the perfect side dish to add to your Thanksgiving meal, check out my top recipes here.
One of my absolute favorite things to do on the weekend is taking a walk along the Embarcadero to the Ferry Building. The skyscrapers of the Financial District brush right up against the vast expanse of the The Bay making for a jaw-dropping view.
With the cooler weather, it’s been nice to bundle up, grab a cup of coffee, and walk the Embarcadero for some lunch or shopping at the Farmers’ Market. This vest is one that I’ve been looking forward to wearing all year because it boasts this season’s signature color, army green, and is the perfect weight to throw over a longer shirt or sweater. Since we layer up so much out here, I’m all about the basic layering pieces. This Rag & Bone shirt was an excellent find. I love this one and this one (favorite!) as well. Tip: Always invest in quality layering pieces. You get more use out of them than anything else in your closet!
Some of the most clean, organized spaces can be the most inspiring. This is coming from the girl who used to make those little magazine collages with everything lined up in parallel and perpendicular lines. For me, the clean lines got rid of all the distractions. This is when I am able to think most creatively. Or, it could be because my attention can be easily diverted by even the faintest whisper. But, I’m going to go with the whole creativity thing.
Every now and then we go through these cluttered phases of life. The kind where days become so muddled that you don’t even know where to begin, so you just start somewhere in the middle. You go through the day hoping you make some kind of progress, but its hard to tell through the constant state of exhaustion.
The start of this month feels like the clearing of that phase into a new blank space. A move from the rat race of quantity to the freedom to focus on quality. A focus on substance over hype.
(On Sale for Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale!)
Shoes: Old BCBG (Similar here
Bag: Vera Pelle (Gift from Italy)
Ring: Forever 21
1. Tartan is coming back as one of this season’s hottest trends. Check out this video from the Vogue closet where they share an unconventional way to rock this lock.
2. Eva Chen, the ultra-glamourous new editor-in-chief of Lucky magazine, will make the debut that counts this month as her 1st September issue hits newsstands. However, her journey to head honcho of one the leading fashion magazines was anything but glamourous, and certainly not ordinary. Here she shares with Fashionista some of her most important career tips she learned along the way.
3. Next time you’re planning a gathering and you’re short on time and inspiration, check out these creative centerpiece ideas by Real Simple. The best part is each can be whipped together in 5 minutes or less!
4. As Fashion Week rolls around, the slicked back hairstyle will be a mainstay on the runway. Fashionising explains how to emulate this Roberto Cavalli-inspired look at home.
5. Often times I look at jewelry in stores and think, “I could make this myself at home.” However, I’ve NEVER looked at a woven, rhinestone-encrusted chain collar necklace and thought, “Pssh…hand me the chains and thread”…until now. Honestly WTF shows us how to make this statement piece in a (relatively) simple way here.
And, for one of my favorite moments of this week (or decade)…making The New York Times Fashion & Style section! Check out the full Street Style feature here.
Happy Friday from one of my new favorite rooftop restaurants, Sens!
p.s. Stay tuned tomorrow for more about our fun night there with JustFab Shoes last Saturday!